We have put together a set of tools to make it easier to access SUCS services from your own computer. Note that you don't have to use the SUCS Tools to use our services - they're just a time-saving way to do so. The tools consist of the following:
- Desktop on Demand (VNC)
- Milliways chat rooms
- SUCS remote shell (SSH)
- SUCS Website
- Your Email
- Your Files (WebDAV)
For more information about the services, click on the links.
Downloading and installing the tools
There are two versions of the tools. Which one you need depends on which operating system you use - Windows or Mac OS X. If you use Linux, you probably already have an SSH and a VNC client installed and so don't need the SUCS Tools.
- Download SUCS Tools for Windows
- Once the file has downloaded, double-click on it to start installing the SUCS Tools. A dialog box might appear telling you that "the publisher could not be verified." This is because we haven't paid for a digital certificate to sign the file with. Click "Run" to start the installation.
- Follow the instructions provided by the installer.
When the installation has completed, you can access the SUCS Tools via Start > All Programs > SUCS Tools.
Mac OS X
- Download SUCS Tools for Mac OS X
- Once the file has downloaded, it might automatically open (it depends which browser you use). If it doesn't, double click on the file to mount the disk image.
- Drag the SUCS folder to the Applications shortcut to install the tools.
When the files have finished copying, you will find the SUCS Tools in your Applications folder.