Awkward's Humour and Sillies
More Interesting Facts
- Bank robber John Dillinger played professional baseball.
- Al Capone's business card said he was a used furniture dealer.
- The company providing the liability insurance for the Republican National Convention in San Diego is the same firm that insured the maiden voyage of the RMS Titanic.
- In England, the Speaker of the House is not allowed to speak.
- Mel Blanc (the voice of Bugs Bunny) was allergic to carrots.
- Cleo and Caesar were the early stage names of Cher and Sonny Bono.
- White Out was invented by the mother of Mike Nesmith (Formerly of the Monkees)
- Dueling is legal in Paraguay as long as both parties are registered blood donors.
- Cancer is second to heart disease, the leading cause of death in the U.S
- 1.4% of all deaths in the U.S each year are suicides
- It was discovered on a space mission that a frog can throw up. The frog throws up it's stomach first, so the stomach is dangling out of it's mouth. Then the frog uses it's forearms to dig out all of the stomach's contents and then swallows the stomach back down again.
- Your stomach has to produce a new layer of mucus every two weeks otherwise it will digest itself.
- Ivory bar soap floating was a mistake. They had been overmixing the soap formula causing excess air bubbles that made it float. Customers wrote and told how much they loved that it floated, and it has floated ever since.
- Studies show that if a cat falls off the seventh floor of a building it has about thirty percent less chance of surviving than a cat that falls off the twentieth floor. It supposedly takes about eight floors for the cat to realize what is occurring, relax and correct itself.
- 'Stewardesses' is the longest word that is typed with only the left hand.
- The Baby Ruth candy bar was actually named after Grover Cleveland's baby daughter, Ruth.
- 48% of American deaths each year result from either heart disease or stroke.
Back to Index Of Humerous Facts, Signs and Lists
Back to Main Humour Index
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org