SUSU Executive 2000-01
Tresurer - Graeme Irwin
I've worked with various groups in the students union (Drama society, Divas, UWS League Football and the Executive committee) for the past three years. I aim to improve the quality of student life by my policies on
- Secure society sponsorship deals.
- Increase funding, training & representation.
- Provide web-page design courses.
- Reduce bar prices.
- Buy One Get One For Free ("BOGOFF") promotion.
- Increase capacity of Divas and Idols.
- Redevelopment of Idols.
- Convert the Divas Green Room into a cocktail bar in the evenings.
- Develop a SU managed bar in Brynmill.
- Increase funding to attract a wider variety of bands/acts.
- Redvelop the Arts Hall into a purpose built venue (including a bar, stage and rehearsal facilities).
- Open up the bar in Clyne at the weekends.
- Develop laundry facilities & shop services in Clyne.
- Improve Hendre facilities shop, idols, advice service.
- Abolition of tuition fees.
- Keep Wednesday Afternoons free for all students (i.e. for societies, sports, etc).
- 24-hour Library Opening.
- Ensure a 'full' refund for students 'affected' by the phone system.
- Expand the SUSU card service accross campus.
Ensure an effective, approachable and representitive Union.
Back to SUSU Manifestos Index
Back to Main Index