SUSU Executive 2000-01
President - Ian Angus
As an active member of the current SUSU executive committee, and having represented Swansea students at NUS UK Conference 1999 I am well qualified to lead the student union into the 21st Century.
I am committeed to a fully democratic and accoutable student union that through inclusive descision making represents the needs and concerns of all its members.
Central to my poilcies is the modernisation of the structure and direction of the SU to effectively meet the requiements of the 21st Century student.
- Fight for the fair funding of Higher Education
- Develop and promote a new era of 'partnership and co-operation' with the AU
- Promote a 'Keep Wednesday Afternoons Free' campaign.
- Campaign for the relocation or expansion of student facilities
- Presure the University into actinf upon the disgraceful state of IT provision and the extension of library opening hours
- Improve communications with the students of Beck, Clyne and Hendre
- Increase the influence and status of the SU by working in partnership with other Welsh Student Unions.
- Ensure Students are treated fairly and not led into another 'Phone Fiasco' scenario.
- Install a cash machine at Hendre.
Back to SUSU Manifestos Index
Back to Main Index