SUSU Executive 2000-01
Welfare & Education - Nicola de St. Croix
Hi, My name is Nicola de St. Croix.
I appreciate how stressful University life it. Like many students, I combine 15 hours of lectures a week, a part-time job, sport and socialising!
What do you do when you've had enough? How did you sleep last night?
The Advice Centre is designed to help you! More than that, I want to be the one to help you.
My poilcies are:-
- To furthur develop the Internet Welfare pages, adding a confidential, interactive 'agony-aunt' page for those who wish to remain anonymous.
- To relaunch Nightline with advisors trained in counselling, timetable information, contact information within the University as well as general advice. I would actively seek counselling training.
- Being deaf, I'm keen to ensure the Union is accessible to those with injuries, disabilities and special needs and to promote greater awareness via Waterfront and advertising.
- Greater security on campus by continuing the pressure on Swansea Council for sufficient lighting in Singleton Park, and for CCTV cameras at enterances.
- Provide more help with accomodation and increase awareness of legal advice available.
I believe I am suitable for this job because I'm friendly, open-minded and approachable. I plan to operate an open door policy in the Union and I will make a difference!
Back to SUSU Manifestos Index
Back to Main Index