Swansea University Computer Society is open to all members of the University's Student Union. We offer a wide range of computing services to our members, all based on Free Open Source Software (FOSS). Our computers run various Linux distributions, including Fedora and Debian.
Whether you're interested in learning more about Linux and Open Source software, or simply want an easy-to-remember email address and more space to store your coursework, SUCS is here to help!
Some of the services we offer:
- Extra storage space for when your library account gets full or stops working, accessible via WebDAV / WebFolder
- POP3/IMAP Email account featuring SpamAssassin - Can be accessed via Secure webmail!
- Web site hosting (including PHP scripting and PostgreSQL database support)
- Desktop On Demand
- Mailing list hosting (Recommended for societies who want to keep in touch with their members easily).
- Programming Advisory service
- Reference Library of popular books (including Computer Science recommended course texts)
- 24-hour access to our own Computer Room
- 8 computer workstations
- GuestNet to hook up your laptop
- LAN speed Internet access
- CD/DVD Burner
- Mono Laser printing (200 pages for free, 2p per page after)